In the 12/10 installment of This Week in Marketing, we welcome Penny Payton, life coach, and mindfulness advocate.
Here is the outline for the show:
Segment 1: Overview
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your career journey?
- How do you define “mindfulness”?
- How has mindfulness evolved over time?
- How did you get into this practice?
- How has it impacted your life – both personally and professionally?
Segment 2: Mindfulness in Business
- What are some of the big reasons why people seek out mindfulness coaching – either personally or professionally?
- Why is mindfulness a good solution?
- How do you think mindfulness can help people in the workplace?
- What are some of the big misconceptions people have about it?
- What are some of the major challenges people face as they start with mindfulness coaching?
- What are some ways to cope with these challenges?
Segment 3: Your Approach to Coaching
- What are the first steps you take when coaching someone in mindfulness?
- How do you set goals? – both short and long term?
- When it comes to goal setting, do you typically start with setting personal goals, then professional goals? Or vice versa?
- Do you normally like for people to start slow in their mindfulness journey? Or is it an all-in or all-out scenario?
- What does the ideal first day look like for someone embracing mindfulness?
- How about the first couple weeks?
Segment 4: The Effects of Mindfulness in the Workplace
- Outside of meditating, what are some of the best everyday practices professionals should get into to improve mindfulness?
- What are some of the major outcomes you’ve seen for professionals practicing mindfulness?
- Do the best results generally come from one-one-one coaching? Or groups?
- What are some of the biggest roadblocks people face in the midst of their mindfulness journey? Is it easy to fall off track?
- How do you advise busy professionals to stick to their mindfulness practices?